Sunday, December 31, 2006

Righteous Anger

Phillip, I'm sick and tired of how you are going on and on about Americans as if we're some homogeneous group. Not every American likes Bush or voted for him (I've voted against him twice now). We don't all like the war in Iraq, and not just because we're having trouble there now. We also are not universally for the death penalty.

You blame the government we "re-elected", but the government we just elected that is sweepingly different from the current one hasn't taken office yet (It will in January). I don't expect Bush will ever see the inside of a court room in the Hague, but he should be investigated, impeached and tried criminally here.

I can't speak for all of GNOME Planet's denizens, but probably a fair share of the Americans that belong here agree with your sentiment. I just hate how you're expressing it.

1 comment: