Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sickness and Slackware

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I'm feeling much better today after fighting with a sinus infection for
the past half week. I managed to get Network Manager 0.5.0 installed and
working yesterday after seeing Bill Moss give a presentation at the
Clemson Linux User Group meeting this past Thursday. Buoyed by that
success, I wanted to get 0.6.0 working and set out to find out how
Dropline GNOME built it. I ended up creating a patch against
src/backends/NetworkManagerSlackware.c that tests for the presence and
executability of rc.howl, and rc.avahidaemon and restarts the
appropriate one. Hopefully in the near future the latest hal and dbus
will be available from DLG and 0.6.0 will build.

I recently ordered a new racing shell from Wintech Racing and found out
it will be delivered this week. I'm very excited to get back out on the
water again.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3rc1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFECa8djU1oaHEI4wgRAma6AKCYYRzOpxKfrLvOEUeSz3qS3ltphQCfcqPl
2b/JLqvT7D+tA+rtnUwxErk=
=b7E+
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

No comments: