Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update

I just realized today as my dad was asking my brother and I about how to increase his online presence and searchability that I hadn't made a post since Election Day. Wow... The main reason is I'm a PhD student trying to finish my dissertation up in time to graduate in August. Here's a quick run down in bullet form of what I've been up to.

  • Improving my local OpenStreetMap data. I've traced the two lakes above Hartwell with the Lakewalker plugin to josm and finished Hartwell itself. These are enormous lakes! I've also added data for the Appalachian Trail from the beginning to about Knoxville, TN, more to come I'm sure.

  • Writing and researching are my two main daily tasks. Hopefully in the near future we can add measuring to that list.

  • February 3rd I gave a very long presentation on Seahorse at the CLUG meeting. We're having a key signing party at next week's meeting along with a gent from Fedora who is bringing a couple of XO laptops. If you're in the Clemson area next Tues, stop on by.

  • Sporadically working out.

No comments: